Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Apple Remote Tricks

This is nice - I wasn't aware that you could use the Apple remote to both boot up and put to sleep a Mac. Check out the link to see what other little tricks are available with the tiny remote control that comes bundled with all Macs (wait...i'm not sure if they come with MacBooks, but for sure they are avail with MacBook Pros).

Apple Remote Tricks | Macinstruct

I really like the remote control feature of my Macs. I don't have a specific remote paired to one computer so I can use one remote to control both my 20" iMac and my MacBook Pro. I especially like how it's "application aware" and will control whatever application has focus - yet it's smart enough to know if I have iTunes playing and i want to select the next song, it'll do that too, even if iTunes is in the background.

I recently purchased an El Gato MicroTV device (a tiny little USB device that bridges a coax cable to USB and adds TV viewing capabilities to my Mac). The El Gato came bundled with a huge remote with lots of buttons and controls, but I usually only need volume up/down and channel up/down. My Apple remote works great for that too. ...and things will just get better kids. As I understand it, the next major hardware change to Macs & iPods will be on screen interactivity. For a preview of this, check out the iPhone demos on YouTube. Make sure to check out the neat zoom effect at minute 3:55 of the clip.

No comments: